Primrose Hill

Primrose Hill .—This spot now deserves to be ranked among the public parks of London.  It is immediately north of the Regent's Park.  The Crown owned part of it, and obtained the rest by purchase from Eton College.  The hill-top, the grassy slopes, and the gravelled paths are kept in excellent order; and a stranger should not lose an opportunity of viewing the ‘world of London' from this spot in early morning.  By permission of the authorities, a refreshment-room has been established for visitors; and a ‘Shakspeare Oak' planted, April 23, 1864, which, however, “came to grief.”